We use WordPress to power the websites we build for our Manchester, CT business clients.
I’m glad you asked! Here are a few of the reasons:
- WordPress offers the shortest development time, meaning we can go from concept to live website quicker than we were ever able to in the past. Shorter development time also means lower costs for our clients.
- Search Engine Optimization is a key component of the WordPress framework. WordPress websites are structured in a way that makes it easy for Google and other search engine robots to crawl. Consequently, your website gets indexed quickly resulting in your website being found more easily by those searching for the products and services your company offers.
- The Best Content Management System – Non-technical personnel can edit websites themselves at any time, day or night. All they need is a connection to the Internet and as much skill as it takes to compose an email message or a Microsoft Word document.
- Plugins and Extensions – These are nothing more than scripts and bits of code already written to perform a particular task. For example, you decide you want a contact form added to your website so visitors can ask questions or send comments to you. When the visitor submits the form, an email message is sent to you and a thank you message is sent to the visitor. With WordPress there are literally dozens of plugins available to accomplish this very task and it takes us about two minutes to install and set it up. There are thousands of plugins and extensions available to accomplish all sorts of tasks, speeding development time dramatically.
- Scalability – No matter whether your website is five pages or 5,000 pages, WordPress can handle it.
Major websites like CNN, ESPN, XEROX, Ford and many more use WordPress as their website.
- Future-Proof Architecture – WordPress was created and still managed by the folks at Automatic, a mufti-million dollar software company. They’ll be around for a long time and the huge community of WordPress developers means WordPress will keep up with the times. The WordPress architecture separates form from function. In other words, all the content of your website is contained within a database and is completely separate from the design. That means you can change your design down the road without losing your content. That make re-designs much less expensive than was possible in the past.
WordPress started in 2003 Since then it has grown to be one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
WordPress is an Open Source software which allows it to be used free of cost.
WordPress is really easy to use! If you know how to use Microsoft word, then you will be able to update your own website. With WordPress you can add content to your website without knowing HTML.
WordPress separates content from looks. While all the content is stored in a database, you control how your website looks with WordPress themes. Separating content & looks is very convenient because it allows you to have absolutely freedom to change how your website looks without having to worry about moving your content.
Plugins extend WordPress functionality to do almost anything you can imagine.
WordPress provides good search engine optimization that will help your website get indexed by Google and other search engines. The SEO of your WordPress website can also be enhanced with easy to use SEO plugins.
Mobile Devices Friendly
You can easily get a mobile version of your site through plugins or by using responsive WordPress themes that can adapt to any screen size.
With technology always changing, the designs and plugins only get better.